Tuesday, April 1, 2014

How I Met Your Mother Series Finale- 5 memorable moments, 5 quotes and one epic dialogue!






It was a story nine years in the making...the reveal we have been waiting for......so how was it? Everything you could expect? Surprising? Shocking? Well see for yourself; here are 5 memorable moments from the series finale:

1) The moment Ted first lays eyes on the mother of his children: This actually happens at Robin and Barneys wedding......but instead of talking to her, he leaves. But not before saying "Goodbye" to his best friends!



2) Okay, ready for the first bummer?! In May 2016 the gang comes together to meet Ted and "the mothers" baby <3 And there comes the bombshell: Barney and Robin got divorced! I hated this....I loved them together!

3) On a lighter note.....Marshall and Lilly are expecting baby number 3!! But after Lilly heard about the divorce, she is worried, that they won´t see each other that often anymore. So they promise each other to always be there for the BIG MOMENTS!!

4) 2019: Barney is single and so ready to mingle.....he wrote another "Playbook" and attempted the "Perfect Month" 31 woman in 31 days! He got a perfect month.....but also: He got the last girl pregnant!!!Barney knocked up a One-Night-Stand and it only took him 9 years ;)

5) We finally get to know "the mothers" name: Tracy McConnell !! TM <3 <3 <3 If this is not called destiny, I don´t know what is!! :)

And to compliment those memorable moments, here are 5 quotes, that got to me during the finale:

1) So since Mashall and Lilly are expecting baby number 3, they decide it´s time to move to a bigger apartment. They throw a farewell party and combine it with a Halloween party. Robin shows up and after seeing everyone, she wants to leave. Before she can exit the apartment, Lilly catches up to her. Lilly (dressed in a whale costume by the way) tells her she can´t leave, because the "gang" promised to be together for the BIG MOMENTS! And there it is:

Robin:" You want to know what the "gang is to me?! It´s a married couple that i never get to see anymore about to have their third child. My ex-husband, hitting on slutty cops right in front of me. And the guy I probably should have ended up with, with the beautiful mother of his child. We will always be friends. It´s just never gonna be how it was. The five of us hanging out at McClarens. Being young, stupid.....It´s over!"

2) 2018: Lilly, Barney, Ted and Marshall at McClarens. Barney is back to his playboy days:

"I haven´t changed. There was a time when it seemed like I was capable of going the distance but....If it wasn´t gonna happen with Robin, then it´s just not gonna happen with anyone.
I´m never gonna be the guy, who meets a girl and from the first time I see her I´m just like: You are the love of my life. Everything I have and everything I am  is your´s forever!" (btw: he says that to a random girl at the bar)
"That´s not me! I´m the guy that strings his tie, says something dirty, high fives himself and talks to that girl over there. That´s me! Can I please just be me?!"

3) So it´s 2020 and Barney just became a father....when he holds his daughter for the first time he says:

" You are the love of my life. Everything I have and everything I am is your´s forever!"




4) A beautiful voice over by Ted when we see his wedding:

" It was a long and difficult road, but I´, glad it was long and difficult. Because if we haven´t gone through hell to get there, the lesson might have not been that clear. You see kids, right from the moment I met your mom I knew I have to love this woman as much as I  can, for as long as I can and I can never stop loving her....not even for a second. I carried that lesson with me through every stupid fight we ever had, every 5 a.m. Christmas morning, every sleepy Sunday afternoon, though every speed bump, every pain of jealousy or boredom or uncertainty that came our way.



 I carried that lesson with me....and I carried that lesson with me, when she got sick."



"Even that, what could only be called the worst times, all I could do is thank god. Thank every god there is or was or ever will be and the whole universe and anyone else I can thank. That I saw that beautiful girl on that train platform. That I had the guts to stand up, walk over to her, tab her on the shoulder, open my mouth and speak!"

5) And that kids, is how I met your mother!"



Okay...now for everyone, who wants to know, how this all played out...read along. You might not even be that surprised, but here it goes. Ted´s final epic dialogue with his amazing kids:

(This is the conversation that happens right after Ted said "And that kids is how I met your mother!"):

Penny: "That´s it?!"

Ted: "That´s it."

Penny: " No, I don´t buy it. That´s not why you made us listen to this."

Ted: "Oh really?! Then what´s the reason?!"

Penny: "Let´s look at the facts here: You made us sit down and made us listen to this story about how you met mom, yet she is hardly in the story. No! This is the story about how you are totally in love with aunt Robin. And you want to ask her out and want to know if we are okay with it!"

Ted: "I can´t believe this. I kept this story short and to the point and you guys still missed it. The point of the story is that...."

Penny: " Is that you totally, totally, totally have the hots for aunt Robin."

Ted: "No I don´t!"

Penny: "Yes you do!"

Ted: "You are grounded!"

Luke: "Wow, you are really into aunt Robin!"

Ted: " You are grounded, too. Okay I suppose if I were interested in aunt Robin in that way...It´s not like I´d do anything about it, I got you guys to think about."

Penny: "Dad, we love aunt Robin!"

Luke: "Whenever she comes over for dinner, you guys are so obvious!"

Penny: "Come on dad. Mum has been gone for 6 years now. It´s time."

Ted: " What, I just call her up on the phone and ask her out on a date?"

Penny and Luke: "YES!"

Ted: "That´s something you guys would want?"

Penny and Luke: "YES!" 

.....Ted starts diling, but has a better idea: He shows up at Robins place like this:



Okay guys....what are your thoughts on the series finale? Let me hear it!!








Let´s talk tv!

xoxo Nici

credits for gifs and pics: Tumblr



No comments:

Post a Comment